Let us discover what kinds of sweets you can find at Sweets Takayoshi!
Script: Hiragana & Katakana characters with Furigana
Type: Factual description
Style: A5 saddle-stitched booklet
Take a sneak peek at what’s inside!
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
- これは プリン です。
These are pudding.
- かわいい ですね！
Cute, aren’t they?
- これは くまの おかしです。
These are teddy bear snacks.
In alignment with the Australian Curriculum: Year 3 and 4 band achievement standards
- Describe things, using adjective です& noun です
- Describing things, using adjective + none
- Structure sentences using particles, for example は、の、に、が、ね、よ
- Locate specific information and some supporting details in written texts on familiar topics.
- Identify words from other languages used in Japanese, such as スイーツ
Cultural note from the author:
When I was a child, my mum sometimes invited visitors to our house on the weekends. This turned out to be a special occasion for me, as my mum always bought nice cakes from the nearby cake shop. I remember volunteering to make hot drinks for the visitors so that I could join them in eating the special cakes. Have a look at the variety of delicious cakes that are available at Sweets Takayoshi in Utsunomiya, Tochigi in Japan. Their cakes remind me of the special cakes that I had during my childhood.
|Dimensions||149 × 211 × 2.5 mm|